Working with Recruiters
Ryan Hanau
2012-02-26 05:51:50 UTC
Hello,

I'm curious about the best approach when working with usability testing
recruiters. I was wondering if it is ok to source your recruit from more
than one recruiter at the same time. If so, what happens if you receive
more recruits than are needed? Are you obligated to pay for the "extra"
recruits.

Thank you,
Ryan
Dana Chisnell
2012-02-26 20:39:46 UTC
Post by Ryan Hanau
Hello,
I'm curious about the best approach when working with usability testing
recruiters. I was wondering if it is ok to source your recruit from more
than one recruiter at the same time. If so, what happens if you receive
more recruits than are needed? Are you obligated to pay for the "extra"
recruits.
Thank you,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

Speaking as someone whose company does recruiting as well as user research,
my advice for you would be Proceed with caution.

You can have more than one entity recruiting for the same study at the same
time, but it needs coordination.

There are any number of ways to deal with the potential issues. For example,
you could split up the schedule to ensure that you don't end up with overage,
giving certain days or times to each agency. Or you could just glory in
whatever overage might happen and run multiple participants at the same time.

Another thing to consider is that you might get uneven *quality* of
participants; you'll have to make sure that the agencies are telling
participants the same things about the study and choosing participants in the
same ways.

Terms and conditions for my company state that we charge for every
participant who shows up and is qualified. ("Qualified" also means that the
researcher has reviewed and approved the participant characteristics and
schedule.)

Good luck,
Dana
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
::
Dana Chisnell
415.519.1148

dana AT usabilityworks DOT net

www.usabilityworks.net
http://usabilitytestinghowto.blogspot.com/
www.civicdesigning.org
Meghan Ede
Ryan Hanau
2012-02-27 19:44:45 UTC
Thanks Everyone!

I completely agee. Just wanted to gauge everyone's take on best practices.

Ryan
Post by Dana Chisnell
researcher has reviewed and approved the participant characteristics and
schedule.)
Good luck,
Dana
Dana Chisnell
415.519.1148
dana AT usabilityworks DOT net
www.usabilityworks.net
http://usabilitytestinghowto.blogspot.com/
www.civicdesigning.org
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
This e-mail transmission and any attachments contain confidential
information from Ryan Hanau. If you are not the intended recipient, you may
not read, copy, or use this information. Please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message