Actively seeking a candidate for CHAIR
Nancy Frishberg
2014-06-04 14:38:31 UTC
Dear BayCHI discussion members:

BayCHI's election season is upon us. At next week's program meeting we will hold our annual election.

As this year's election official, I've confirmed that 2 of our current 3 elected officers are willing to serve for another year. Hurrah!

Our challenge? We are seeking a Chair for BayCHI. This is a great opportunity to step into a leadership position while supported by a lot of people who have been there before. Now is the right time.

If you have a candidate in mind, and would like me to approach that person, please write back or call!
If you are considering putting yourself forward as a candidate and would like to check with someone about what the role entails, please talk to me or to one of the current officers (http://www.baychi.org/leaders/).

There are many ways to be effective as chair. Fred Jacobson, the chair for 2013-14, kindly stepped forward for a one-year interim role, and has brought his own style to the role, emphasizing incremental project management, over big undertakings. Someone else might choose a different style, or might emphasize different projects.

http://www.baychi.org/bylaws/ gives you the ByLaws including the required duties of the Chair, and some general descriptions of our meetings and policies. The 3 elected positions of BayCHI are responsible for governance and fiscal management, as we continue under the non-profit umbrella of ACM. As Chair you must also be a member of ACM, and if this presents a financial hardship, you can make the case to the Steering Committee for reimbursement of your ACM dues, during your term of office.

I'll continue to approach some people, but I'm sure I've overlooked those of you who are waiting to be asked. I'm asking now!

- Nancy

Nancy Frishberg +1 650 804 5800 mobile
***@fishbird.com
Twitter: @nancyf