Color Blindness considerations
Kayla Block
2012-04-11 22:26:07 UTC
I have an app that uses a black background. It's a thick client, not a
web app.

Relevant background:

- I don't use color as a primary indicator in any of my
designs.

- Contrast issues that predated me were identified and fixed
using this took
http://juicystudio.com/services/aertcolourcontrast.php#specify

But now, someone in Executive Management says that his brother who is
red-green color blind said that our app doesn't have enough contrast for
him.

I have found some online tools that allow you to check for red-green
color blindness issues for web apps, but, we're not web-based.

I found a tool online that has some small palette and it shows you what
the palettes look like with various types of color deficiency but I
can't put my own palette in there.

Are there any tools I can use to identify potentially problematic areas?
It seems like I've already done all the best practices I know...and
unfortunately, I don't have further details on the complaint.

Thanks for any help or insights!

Best

Kayla

Kayla Block I User Experience Lead | ATRIO

PAR Springer Miller Systems I (: 702.375.0007 (c) I*
***@springermiller.com <mailto:***@springermiller.com>
I www.SpringerMiller.com <http://www.springermiller.com/>

addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original message
without making a copy. Thank you