Best Practice for Confirm Your Email/Password on Registration Form
RYAN HANAU
2013-10-28 11:03:10 UTC
Hello BayCHI community,

I'm wondering what the community thinks about the request to confirm
your email address and your password on registration forms.

I can see pros and cons for both sides of the argument. The main benefit
that I see for requiring a confirmation field would be to ensure that
the information has been entered correctly. In some registration forms
this probably has greater necessity.

While the con would be complicating and extending a task that people
generally dislike and wish to finish as quickly as possible. As well,
unless copy and paste has been disabled, many people copy the first
entry and paste it in the confirmation field.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Ryan
--
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:

This e-mail transmission and any attachments contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read,
copy, or use this information. Please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message.