carpool from SF to PARC tonight
Jeff Wong
2013-06-11 19:07:27 UTC
Anyone driving from SF and need a carpool dummy?

Alternatively, does PARC or any other company run shuttles that go to
California Ave Caltrain?

And, for afterwards, is anyone driving past or through Mountain View? I
live off 101.

Thanks!
Beki Thomson
2013-06-12 00:01:32 UTC
I think maybe the Marguerite V Line would work.

http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/maps/v.pdf

http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/v/

Steve Williams
2013-06-13 15:09:58 UTC
At 05:01 PM 6/11/2013, Beki Thomson wrote:
>I think maybe the Marguerite V Line would work.
>
>http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/maps/v.pdf
>
>http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/v/

That's a cool find. I wasn't aware of those buses. And named after
the horse that pulled the buggy in the 19th Century, no less.

I'll have to go try it one evening to be certain, but it looks like
the V line will get you from California Avenue Caltrain to PARC for
the BayCHI program, but it stops running too early to get you back.

Take Caltrain to California Avenue (NOT downtown Palo Alto):

Southbound arrives: 5:42 pm at 6:06 pm
Northbound arrives: 5:11 pm or 6:11 pm

Take the V bus from California Avenue Caltrain (NOT downtown Palo
Alto) at 6:05 pm or 6:40 pm and get off near Foothill
Expressway. From there, it's a short but steep walk up Hillview to PARC.

http://goo.gl/maps/Xfdnh

The Marguerite line has bike racks, so you might bring your bike and
ride back down the hill to Caltrain after the program.

I like to bike from Caltrain to PARC, especially since PARC installed
a shower in the Pake Auditorium lobby! The ride from California
Avenue is not difficult, but it is steep. I prefer a longer but less
steep route from San Antonio Caltrain:

http://goo.gl/maps/lFKwi

After the meeting, it's a fast ride down Page Mill Road to California
Avenue Caltrain. Southbound Caltrain departs 9:40 pm, northbound
departs 9:57 pm.

And, of course, always check the location of dinner before the
meeting, often closer to Caltrain than PARC. If you can get to the
dinner by 5:30 pm, you can probably catch a ride to PARC, and we can
make an announcement before the meeting asking for a ride back to Caltrain.
Jeff Wong
2013-06-21 00:02:34 UTC
Thanks for the detailed info. Could it be added to the template page for
PARC meetings?

I might just bring my bike and ride up and then straight back home (very
carefully) in the dark.

Or for no-bike days, I need to make myself a hitchhiking sign so I can get
a ride back home afterwards. Hopefully I can catch a ride with someone
going down 101.

Too bad there isn't a good carpooling system for people going to events
(who don't already know each other).