FYI …Often unbeknownst to themselves as such, some of the best in usability & ID
Lisa Rose
2013-02-15 16:32:57 UTC
...and we all know that eventually, much of this stuff will end up either in
product design for the majority population or as a product unto itself. And
for you who just can't figure out what this has to do with usability, ask the
folks in Apple and Sun's HCI groups who are all about following such work and
ideas.

Best,
LjR
To read the story in the Cincinnati Enquirer click READ.
To listen to the story that aired on MPR's Morning Edition click LISTEN.
Have any Questions? Comments? Stories?
Making Awesome Stuff for Awesome People since 2006'
maywehelp.org
ljroseOnline.com____________________
Lisa Rose
2013-02-15 16:53:01 UTC
As requested, live link:

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1117855/1f3dffc1f2/543450201/4906bbc08e/
Can you resend with live links? Thanks
Hanhwe Kim
2013-02-15 17:58:41 UTC
The story is about a group in Cincinatti that makes individualized one of a
kind devices for disabled people. For example, they made a cello that can
be played by a person without arms.

http://www.maywehelp.org/1/post/2012/10/in-the-cincinnati-enquirer.html

Learning from designing for extreme situations is in other forms of
engineering. Automotive engineers adapt what they learn from race cars to
our Accords. Aircraft engineers learn from building mach 2 fighter planes.
We will certainly improve our everyday designs by designing things for
challenging users.
Lisa Rose
2013-02-17 00:11:07 UTC
Not quite understanding why you've sent me link to the same group my link went
to. We're talking about the same organization. What am I not getting here???
Is there yet another group like MayWeHelp? Love to know about them. MayWeHelp
is unique in that they are not in this for any profit at all. Remarkable and
wonderful wonderful people. I hope they might end up with a MacArthur because
surely they deserve it.

LjR
Hanhwe Kim
2013-02-17 01:40:04 UTC
hi Lisa,

I just wanted to post the direct link that describes the specific things
that MayWeHelp did.

Take Care,
Han
Post by Lisa Rose
[...]